Welcome to Planet Bee!
*COVID-19 Update – Guided educational presentations are temporarily unavailable, due to social distancing requirements. Self-guided tours, outdoor bee-friendly gardens, and glass observatory remain available!
Step into the amazing world of the honeybee at Planet Bee, where we offer a variety of educational experiences for all ages and group sizes.
Admission is free and our doors are open year-round!
We are open on all major holidays, except Christmas Day and New Years Day
Marvel at live honey bees in our indoor glass observatory hive, where they are making honey right before your eyes!
The sweetest spot in our store is certainly our honey tasting station, where 20+ flavors of honey are free to try!
Our gift shop contains all things bee-related with endless gift and souvenir ideas for anyone on your list.
Visit the Honeymoon Mead tasting bar and learn about our honey wines while tasting some for yourself!
Although we are not able to offer tours of the production facility, there is still tons to see, do, and learn at Planet Bee. Included in your free admission, you can view live honey bees working in our glass observatory hives, numerous educational posters and displays, tastings of over 20 varieties of honey and several Meads (honey wines). Our worker bee staff are always available to answer your questions and if you would like to further your learning in a more formal classroom setting, we offer daily presentations during July & August.
Daily Presentations (July / August)
Planet Bee Honey Farm is proud to offer a comprehensive educational program. Whether you are looking for a self-guided experience or a more extensive educational lesson, we have tours to suit every group and every budget! Prepare to Catch the Buzz!
Basically Bees - 20-30 minutes
- “Basically Bees” is our introductory presentation that covers topics such as the different species of bees, the life cycle of a worker, pollination and the importance of honey bees. This content depth is great for all ages, making it our most popular experience.
- Approx. 20 – 30 minutes + questions
- $3.00 / person or $12.00 / family of 5.
- Includes a free honey stick for each guest!
- Starts at 11am and 2pm Daily in July / August and weekends in June / September
All About Bees - 1 hour
- “All About Bees” is our most in-depth presentation that covers all the topics above, PLUS swarming, raising a new queen, honey production, other products of the hive, and the current plight of the honey bee. Due to length, we don’t recommend this presentation for children under 13 years of age, at the parents discretion.
- Approx. 1 hour + questions
- $8.00 / Adult, $6.00 Child, or $30 / family of 5 (max 2 adults).
- Includes a free personalized 150g jar of honey (Retail value of $5.00!)
- Starts at 12pm Noon Daily in July / August and weekends in June / September
LIVE - Opening of the Hive - 30 minutes
- At ~1pm on Saturdays in July / August ONLY, watch our master beekeeper and owner Ed, open a live honey bee hive outdoors behind a screen, while you remain safely indoors, all free of charge!
- This is a free extension to the 12pm “All About Bees” presentation, and anyone is welcome to join in after the presentation to watch this special show.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Wow! Bee Pollen and so much more!
I didn't realize how much your store offers. I love it. Thanks you.
Learning at Planet Bee
I Love Planet Bee
Love this store!
An Uplifting Experience
The Hayashi Family
Don’t miss this spot!
Great First Experience!
Visit at Planet Bee
Lonely Planet recommendation paid off!
How to find us
5011 Bella Vista Rd, Vernon BC, Canada
From Kelowna (South): approx. travel time 40 minutes one way.
Turn Left onto 25th Ave. (main intersection after hospital hill)
Travel approximately 1 – 1.5 km.
Watch for signs
Turn right onto 41st Street. (Second set of lights)
Go to first Traffic Light and turn left onto Bella Vista Rd.
From Armstrong (North): approx. travel time 20 minutes one way.
Turn right onto 43rd Ave.
Go to the end of the road
Turn left onto Alexis Park Drive
Go to the end of the road
Turn right onto 30th Ave.
Follow road which turns into Bella Vista Rd.